Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rolling, Hiking, Jumping

Charley started rolling over last week! She went from not really ever trying to roll over to doing it all of the time. Here's a pic after a successful roll. I promise I didn't pose her hand like that. Seriously!


Charley and Mema

My parents were up for a couple of days last week, and as Allison would say, it was mucho fun. Unfortunately it was very cold and very rainy their entire stay, so we mainly stayed inside and couldn't take them to see any sites. They had to leave Saturday morning, after which the sun came out in all it's glory. D and I decided to take a family hike "up" Paris Mountain. We haven't hiked since I was just a wee bit pregnant with Charley, so it was good to get out and hit the trails again. Charley did wonderfully...We don't have a fancy shmancy pack, so the poor thing had to bob around in a front pack. She fell asleep the entire way back down the trail, which was precious (but probably gave her bumpy dreams). Andrea - I think Charley and Mags will make great hiking buds!


Below are some pictures of Charley in her door jumper thing. She is hilarious in it. Because she is so tall, I mean, long*, she is outgrowing it waaay too quickly. From the get go, we've had it at the highest height that it will go, and Charley's feet are flat on the ground, which is apparently a no-no with those things. D spent some time this afternoon rigging it so we can get some extra time out of it, and it worked! Yay! I'm excited b/c she loves it and it is super fun watching her in it.
*Donald pointed out to me that babies are "long" and aren't considered "tall" until they start walking. Or maybe it's when they start standing. Or maybe it's when they reach a certain height. Not sure. :)


3 comments:

Kelly Reser said...

SO Stinkin' CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

McKee said...

Maggie says to buy Charley some really warm clothes because she is tired of being trapped in the house in this silly city and can't wait until we move so she can hit the trails.

Charley is so cute! I can't wait to see her again!

Sabrina said...

ah! i love it! she's so cute :)