
Charley has been with us for five months now!! Crazy! She has grown leaps and bounds this past month. She is now grabbing everything in sight and sticking it in her mouth. She doesn't have total control of her arms yet, so when she goes to grab things while sitting in our lap, it's in Whack-a-Mole fashion. She will see something she wants and then her arm will go whack, whack, whack until her little hand successfully grabs the desired object. She will then swing her arm like a crane and drop the object on the floor.
Charley began eating vegetables this month. We haven't moved past sweet potatoes yet... she dogs them as well as her oatmeal. She continues to drink her bottle like we haven't fed her in days. Not to mention she recognizes her bottle now, so if she sees it and we don't give it to her instantly, she will scream. I mean, scream. Therefore, we either hide her bottle or let her scream. We're not sure if you can teach a five-month-old that "screaming is not an appropriate behavior" and "we will not reward you with your bottle if you scream," so the lesson on "don't manipulate mommy and daddy" is on standby. Scriptures say that we are supposed to crave the Bible like a baby craves milk...something we've heard at church and Wafuasi lately... So this morning, when Charley was crying a desperate cry for her bottle while I was searching for a burp cloth, it made me think about this verse... If the Bible was taken away from me or withheld from me, how would I react? Would I be so desperate for it that I would weep like my hungry child? ...Something to think about.
1 comment:
Love the picture and great scriptures to ponder!
Post a Comment