We visited the hospital today...against my will. You see, what had happened was... I had a weird dizzy spell last Sunday. I almost passed out, and I've never passed out or even come close to passing out. I'm just not the passing-out type. Even so, I didn't think it was too odd and went about my week. Well, it happened again this morning, but again, I went about my business, chalking it up to...well, I don't know. I called Andrea while running errands and mentioned it to her, half hoping she would tell me that it was normal. She wasn't too concerned, nor was I, but she suggested for me to call my doctor. It takes a good friend to convince me to call my doctor, because I'm also not the doctor-calling type. So I called my doctor -- oh, wait... first I called my OLD doctor and asked to speak to a nurse, and then panicked and hung up when I realized I hadn't been there in like 13 months... So anyways, I called my current doctor and spoke with the receptionist who put me on hold while she talked to my doctor
for me. I wasn't too convinced that I would be represented well, which made me nervous that a mole hill would all of the sudden turn into a mountain. Well, sure enough, the receptionist returned with Mount Everest: "The doctor wants you to go to the hospital." Hospital?!?! Are you serious? Isn't that a BIT extreme? I feel fine. Nothing is wrong. This is ridiculous. So, being the reluctantly obedient patient that I am, I called Donald to come meet me at the grocery store and take me to the hospital. If I absolutely had to (side note: Donald just corrected me when I read that to him, and said that I didn't call him to come get me, I called him to convince him that the doctor was crazy and for him to agree that I didn't need to go... But it didn't work. Is that better, D?). So anyways, I then called Andrea and my mom, and probably said the words "extreme" and "ridiculous" like 15 thousand times in two minutes. So to make a long story a bit longer, we went to the OB triage, as instructed, and they strapped the "baby's heart beat reader" and the "contractions reader" to my belly and everything was wonderful. It was probably a blood sugar or blood pressure thing that was causing my dizzy spells, but I really wasn't given any instruction or advice beyond that. So for now, I'm just going to eat more protein for breakfast (both episodes happened about an hour after breakfast time), and try to take it easy. And breathe more. Of course we are grateful that everything is fine. Praise God! I'm sure my blood pressure will spike when I get the hospital bill, but that's okay -- I'm sending it to Andrea. ;)
2 comments:
We will just have the state pay for with all our student loan money ;)
I also have never passed out yet in my 8th month I totally lost it while furniture shopping with Tom. It was horribly embarassing and everyone was very concerned in the store. I just laid out right in a lazy Boy recliner in Rhoades. It must be something about that 8th month!! I also went to the hospital with what I was sure were labor pains ..not once ...not twice but yes three times. When I finally was in labor at least there was no checking in at the hospital they just showed me to my regular room. All I have to say about that is if you are in any way able to contemplate whether or not you are in labor... you are NOT in labor. I hope your last month or so is great!!!
Love, Kelly
Post a Comment