Cohen's parents are friends of ours from church: Chris and Emily (I work with Chris). Throughout this whole ordeal, since the diagnosis, they have been so faithful and so open to what the Lord had in store for them. They continued to praise Him. They continued to honor Him and obey Him. Although Emily and I were only six weeks apart, they did not once make me feel guilty for having a healthy pregnancy. I'm not sure if you realize this, but that in itself is amazing and a true testament to where their hearts are. They believe and trust in a God who has a specific plan for their lives, a God who loves them dearly, and loves their little boy, despite the outcome. Doctors recommend terminating pregnancies like these, but here is a quote from Chris and Emily's blog: "We will carry him to term and hope to enjoy whatever time God chooses to give us with him." Well, here we are with 23 hours of Cohen so far, and hopefully that will turn into weeks, months and years.
Please pray for Cohen as he is still in the NICU. His lungs need to continue to develop. Please pray for Chris and Emily as they are running on fumes and have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last two days... Also pray for Emily as she continues to heal from the c-section. Please praise the Lord above for this miracle that He has performed before our very eyes. You can read more about Cohen by clicking here.
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him -Psalm 28:7
No comments:
Post a Comment