Wednesday, January 9, 2008

She's Kicking and I'm Getting Bigger

Wow. I wasn't that big at all in my last pregnancy pictures was I? I remember feeling really pregnant looking, but I laughed last night when I saw the pictures from November. I guess everything is relative... I'm sure I'll laugh in a few months at these five-month pregnant pictures, when I'm busting at the seams.

I've felt the baby moving for about 5 weeks now and was anticipating the day when D could feel her too... up until last Thursday (Just a little bit of pregnancy knowledge I can share-- usually the mom can feel the baby moving on the inside for awhile before feeling the kicks on the outside for both the mom and any interested third-parties to feel). So, last Thursday we were sitting on the couch and I happened to feel her kick with my hand resting on my belly. "I think that was her," I said, and then grabbed Donald's hand for him to feel. She kicked again, and we both said, "Was that you?" ...It was her! And she continued most of the evening. As I type this, it seems so silly to be documenting such an event, but it was awesome...something I won't forget. I'm so grateful that D and I were together at the moment she chose to show her kicks to the world. And just for the record, the kicks have reverted back inward, and neither of us have felt them for almost a week now. I guess that was just a sneak peek at what's to come. In the meantime, her foot remains in my bladder.
Another quick pregnancy note-- my brain has lapsed into some kind of spelling coma, and I will spell things the funniest ways (yes, I know, Dewa, I was having trouble with there, their and they're pre-pregnancy, but let's blame that on stress). So this phonetic-spelling/word-substitution thing is getting worse and worse... I caught myself earlier spelling "finally" like this: "finely." I'm finely getting it! What?! And I will do this at work. A lot. I wish I could think of some other examples. I'm sure pretty soon I will be saying, "thank ewe" and stuff like that. And of course spell check doesn't catch errors like this considering I'm spelling everything write (ahh! gotcha, I really meant "wright," I mean,"right").

P.S. Pictures from Christmas and New Years and Mylin's wedding and Julie's wedding are on our web site. Yes, our "little cousin" got hitched on Dec 30th. Congrats!

2 comments:

Dewa said...

hilarious! those darn homonyms-they get you every time! that's so awesome about the baby! i wish i could have felt her kicking. the next time i see you, she may not be in your belly anymore!

McKee said...

MB - You look so beautiful! And you're right in a few months you will look back in awe at how much more your body has grown. A piece of trivia that I learned tonight: You're uterus grows 500 times its original size during pregnancy. CRAZY!!!
And talk about laps in brain function, tonight I spelled "graphics" just like it sounds "graffics"...uummm something doesn't look right, oh yeah duh!