We traveled to Charleston this weekend for Kathy's wedding. Kathy doubles as our good friend Joe's mom, and my former boss/very good friend from the newspaper I worked at in Charleston (follow that?). The wedding was beautiful and Christ honoring. The reception was in Mount Pleasant on the harbor, with a wonderful view of the new bridge. D captured these amazing shots.

Today I finally got some shots of my friends, the cows. There is a farm that backs up to the houses on our cul-de-sac, and the farmer frequently places bales of hay for his cows to eat very close to our neighbors' houses. When I sit on the couch or am at the kitchen sink, I can see the cows eating. I really enjoy seeing them and watching them eat. It makes me feel like I'm out in the country, which compared to a big city, this is country, but since there is a grocery store, gas station and Chinese Restaurant a mile down the road, I do not consider this "country." Please visit my home town for examples of true country. So here are "our" cows. I really hope the yellow tags on their ears means "not for slaughter."This one kept her eyes on me the entire time, only breaking to stick her face in the food.
Baby update: The doc gave me a good report on Friday. I am 25 weeks, measuring 27 weeks, weight is good, BP is good, etc. The glucose test wasn't as bad as people have warned. They gave me the orange-flavored sugar-syrup drink and it tasted like the orange drink at McDonald's. I'm pretty sure being a sugar addict made it easier for me to consume. Speaking of sugar-addiction, the doctor did tell me to lay off the sugar. This doesn't have anything to do with me personally, it's just her own personal campaign that she pushes on everyone (every doctor has something they harp on, and it just so happens that my doctor thinks sugar is the devil). SO... I am going to listen and lighten the sugar intake, b/c eating less than I currently do can't possibly hurt (well, maybe my morale will suffer, but I certainly can't rely on food to make me happy, so I'm up for the challenge).
1 comment:
Ok, just a word of advice-don't get her going on wearing sunscreen.
Also, those corn fritters look so could I could almost lick my computer screen. You need to send me the recipe. I've recently become addicted to Alexia's sweet potato fries. They remind me of Chicora Alley's. SO GOOD! Gotta love Southern food!
Post a Comment