Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Current Conditions

  • My belly is starting to touch my upper thighs when I sit down. I now can officially appreciate the full-fledged beer gut. I can't say it's a "good" feeling, but hey...anything to get this baby here.

  • My belly button is hanging on for dear life. It hasn't "popped out" yet, but it's awful close. I think either somehow it's tied to my spine or our little girl is hanging on to it, because sometimes I feel pressure in that area.... Imagine holding a blown-up balloon by the tied-knot part and then yanking on it. That's what the inside of my belly button feels like, especially when I walk (don't worry...it doesn't hurt).

  • I have reached the "it-is-safe-to-ask-her-if-she's-pregnant" stage. I had my first stranger ask about the pregnancy last Saturday in Nashville. And thus the "how far along are you?" "when are you due?" "Is it a boy or a girl?" interrogation has begun. It's kinda nice being out of the "is-she-pregnant-or-does-she-just-really-like-cake-and-ice cream?" stage.

  • My bladder is not my friend. He thinks it's funny to press the "I gotta go NOW" button every two hours (or less), which isn't really convenient on road trips or during church services, etc. But, I am still grateful for these types of changes because the gift of pregnancy and new life is SO worth it. One side note: I am considering starting a "public restroom revolution." I spend lots of time in them, and I think it's fair to say that 75% of them are downright grody (80's word for "absolutely nasty"). It is also fair to say that people in the restroom business (as in, Rest Areas on the interstate) are surprisingly better at keeping their facilities clean than, let's say, the average restaurant or store. Our tax dollars are at work!! Thank you government for keeping the rest rooms clean on the side of the interstate! Since Hillary should be able to relate, you know, since she is a woman, maybe she'd have a chance if her campaign slogan was, "Changing America One Public Restroom at a Time."
  • I still feel the baby move around every now and then, but she's not big enough/kicking hard enough for Donald to feel her. I'm looking forward to that!!

I will post again soon with pictures and stories from our Christmas travels, but first, let me tell you what I've been dying to tell you for a few weeks now: our cousins Thomas (Jay) and Dita are expecting a baby in August!! Our kids will only be 3 months apart, which thrills Donald and me to death! We are looking forward to our children having cousins in the family so close in age! (just for clarification... Thomas' dad and Donald's mom are brother and sister, and they
[Thomas and Donald] grew up like brothers, so they are really close). I guess our kids will be first cousins once removed but we will just call them "cousins." :) Check out this helpful chart if you are often perplexed by the mysteries of cousinship.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Beth it sounds like you are getting bigger! I have some maternity clothes if you need some. I was a pretty hefty woman though so you may not need them as big as I have. Let me know ifyou get to a Large or XL maternity. You definitely won't want to buy maternity clothes to just wear a week or two, but you may find yourself grown right out of everything in the closet the last month. I am so excited! Love, Kelly