You know how when you carry a load of laundry in your arms from one side of the house to the other, you inevitably drop a sock or two along the way?? Sometimes you notice they're dropping, while other times you discover the trail of them later. Well, that's how I feel life is going right now. There are things I'm totally dropping the ball on and don't even realize it (until it hits me way later), and there are other things I know are supposed to be happening but...well...they just aren't. Clearly blogging has been one of those things...
Apparently the kids have been drinking fertilizer again, because they are just getting sooo big. Eli has hit that 2.5yr mark when words and sentences start flowing like crazy. I'm like, who is this little boy?? My favorite word of his has to be "ban-bade" (band aid). Almost all words have to be two syllables, so he often adds the -ey sound to short words. Like, "shut the doorie." ... "We goin to the storey" All of it is too cute. I'm not ready for him to speak "correctly" yet. Charley is already out of the cute-pronunciation stage, although she is still in the mix-up-words stage. For instance, she doesn't like driving on the "inter-steak" because you have to drive on it for a lllllong time. She turned four at the end of April, and she is most definitely a little girl now...crazy. She adores her brothers, singing songs with made-up lyrics, anything sweet, and using her wild imagination.
Landon is eight-months. Wow. He has seven teeth, is up on all fours (but not going anywhere, thankfully), and has a favorite word that he says ALL the time: "GAH." He has the sweetest smile and the most contagious giggle. He's working on a few finger foods, but his main diet consists of the 100% baby food stuff. Mmmm. His newest trick is going from the laying down to the sitting up position. This means I lay him down to go to sleep annnnd find him later sitting up playing. It was the hilarious the first time I discovered him just sitting there looking around when I thought he was sleeping...won't be cute soon.
I have many more updates to post, but they will have to wait...
"Remember that every physical, situation, or relational glory you'll experience today is meant to point you to the glory of God." Paul David Tripp
For now...Pictures!
 |
| Big News! Charley and Eli are sharing a room now! They love it. |
 |
| We had a great Father's Day at home, celebrating Daddy! |
 |
| Sweet Boy |
 |
| We tried to watch the Memorial Hot Air Balloons again this year...but after waiting a couple of hours...they cancelled it b/c of the wind... It was fun, nonetheless! |
 |
| Sucha big girl! |
 |
| We went on our annual Salley Family Beach Trip in June... it was amazing. Lots of good pics...here's one of 'em |
 |
| "I love this, Mom!!!" ... Landon loved the water. and the sand. So much that he thought he'd eat it. He was a trooper on our beach vacation! |
No comments:
Post a Comment