Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Silly Things She Says, Part 2


"I had a grape popsicle and he had a carrot one" (Apparently orange colored things are carrot flavored).

One night I was telling Charley a story about "Princess Charlotte" and her brother "Prince Elijah." In the story, Prince Elijah bothered the Princess by taking something from her, but she said, "No thank you, No thank you!" and quickly forgave him. The story went on for a few minutes and then Charley interrupted me and said, "Hey Mommy...Can you go back to the 'page' with the "No thank you's" and put in a consequence there for the Prince?" Wow...she wants justice even in make-believe.

While touching my belly and talking real close to it... "Hey baby...I heard you kicking last Sunday. How 'bout you do it again so I can see how you do it?"

Charley often describes people by the color of the shirt they are wearing. For instance, "What is that green lady doing?" Unfortunately, she is often intrigued by people wearing black and white. The other day at CFA, she pointed to a table full of business men and loudly said, "Mommy, that is A LOT of mans, isn't it?!..... What is that white guys name?" She has also said, "What is that black man doing?" (white man in black shirt) and "Yeah, that brown guy did that." (black man in brown shirt).... I love the innocence of it...


"Mommy, may I have some water?"
"No you may not." (for the record, it was past bedtime and she had already had some)
-Long Pause-
Pointing at my belly, "Is the baby crying in there?"
"No, he doesn't cry."
"Why not?"
"Because he has everything he needs...like food and water"
"He has food and water?"
"Yes"
-Pause-Puts on puppy dog eyes-
"Well, then can I have some water since the baby does??"
(hmmm. water, no! teachable moment, yes!)

"Hey Charley...Are we having a baby cow?" No.
"A baby horse?" No.
"A baby dog?" No.
"Then what are we having?" A baby people.
"What kind?" A boy people.

No comments: