Every three-year-old says funny things, and that's why I must get these down before I forget them and before she's not three anymore!
I told Charley we were going to the doctor for her three-year-old checkup. Hours later, she said, "Mommy, will the chipmunk at the doctor hurt me?" She continued to talk about the "chipmunk," as I was scratching my head, until I realized she was talking about her checkup at the doctor. I then started using the word "appointment," which she then confused with getting a shot. When we left, "Mommy, that appointment HURT me!"
That same day, after her checkup was complete, the doctor left the room and Charley asked, "Mommy...what was that thing around his neck??" I explained that it was his stethoscope and that he used it to listen to her heart. Without hesitation, she replied, "And he heard God in there!" This comment wins the cute award.
We were all in the car together as a family...D was driving... We pulled onto the interstate where they were doing road work, so there were cones everywhere. We had to veer around them quickly to enter the highway, and D commented, "Gee, that was drastic" and I agreed. Charley, who had observed the orange and white striped cones, asked, "What's a giraffe stick??" We tried to explain that we were saying "drastic" and that it meant "a sudden change," but of course that answer didn't fly. She proceeded to ask if giraffe sticks were what giraffes ate, and later, why did the giraffe sticks suddenly change? Eventually we gave up.
"Mommy, maybe one day when Daddy gets old like you, he can have a baby too."
This is my dad's favorite. We were visiting my parents and my dad was reading a book to Charley. She ended up getting frustrated because he wasn't reading it exactly the way she wanted, so she brought the book to my mom and said, "Mema, can you please read this book to me because Granddaddy can't read."
Back when Granddaddy Rose was sick, we were leaving my parents to go visit him. My dad, who is also "Granddaddy" asked Charley, "Don't you call Granddaddy Rose, Granddaddy too?" and Charley replied with a confused look on her face, "No...I just call him Granddaddy" (as in, not Granddaddy 2, duh, people).
Charley pointed at an overweight lady at a store and exclaimed in her naturally loud voice, "Look Mommy! That lady has a baby in her belly just like you!" This one wins the "most embarrassing thing said to date" award.
After Granddaddy Rose died, Charley asked if he had died on the cross like Jesus. I explained that he hadn't but that he was with Jesus. She then asked how Jesus and Granddaddy "got way up there"...I don't remember what I said, but she interrupted, "But God was with them, holding their hands, so they weren't scared, right??" Tear-jerker award.
5 Pictures
7 years ago
1 comment:
Love them all! :)
Post a Comment