Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bun in the Oven

In September of 2007 we announced to the blog world that we were expecting a baby, who ended up being our daughter Charley. In February of 2009, we announced the beginning of another life, which is/who is now Eli. And now blog world, we are announcing, with great anticipation, the arrival of baby three in October. We are very excited! Today was our first appointment and ultrasound, and so far Spicken 3 is healthy and growing well.
We found out when I was four weeks, which is what I consider SUPER early (compared to the other two), and so it feels like I've already been pregnant for FORever. I'm 12 weeks. Not exactly forever.
As you can read about in this post, I wanted to tell Donald in a creative way that I was pregnant with Charley...and it didn't work. With Eli, D was the one who read the test results, so there was no creativity involved in that either. This go around, I was like, "This is it!! (probably) It's now or never..." So... I took the test after he left for work. I had a dentist appointment that afternoon, so he met me at the dentist to take the kids home. The dentist's parking lot isn't exactly a great place to share the news, so I had to wait until I got home from my appointment. The kids were napping and D was on the couch on his computer. D's family had been in town the previous weekend, so we had hamburger and hot dog buns galore leftover from a cookout. I manged to grab a hot dog bun and sneak it in the oven without D hearing me. Phew! I totally can't lie, so I was stressed about how to get him over to the oven, but God spared me and all I had to do is say, "Hey Honey..." and point at the oven. D was like, "Oh yeah!!! I left some of that stuff from Saturday in the oven!" Sweet. I ran with that, and was like, "Can you please come get it out??" He was a tad confused as to why I couldn't just get it out, but thankfully, after only a little persuasion, he came over. He saw the bun and was like, "Oh that???! I didn't know we left a hot dog in there." He didn't get it. I was like, "Yeah, it's a bun." He still didn't get it. "There's a BUN in our oven." ...Oven door shuts. He says, "NOT-ahhh. NOT-ahhh. Are you for real??" NOT-ahhh." He had the biggest smile on his face. It was great. Totally worth it. Success.
And no, it wasn't an accident, and yes, Charley is 2 and Eli is 1. But in October, they will be 3 and 2. Yes, I won't be going anywhere with the kids for a long while. Please come visit us. :)

So here's the first pics of baby three! Praising God for another precious gift!




P.S. My due date is October 31st. Trick or Treat.

2 comments:

The Brooks said...

I keep forgetting to text you and tell you how excited I am! So I will just tell you here….CONGRATULATIONS! I feel behind :) Ya'll better chill out over there in the Spann household.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We're happy for you Mary Beth and Donald!!
Happy Easter!
Barbara and Frank Glen