Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Stomach Formerly Known as Flat

Before you accuse me of being vain, I just want you to know that I chose that title because I think it is just an absolutely great title. Knocking off Prince's name and combining it with a pregnant belly-- what could be better? I've already contacted my manager to make sure that the phrase is trademarked/copyrighted/or whatever so that People or USWeekly can't steal it. I've also submitted it for the "No Doubt the Best Blog Title in the Whole Entire World" award. If it will make you feel better, my next post will be "The Chest Formerly Known as Flat." ...You see-- I'm not vain. Vain people don't admit they have flat chests. :)

So the first pic is classic. This is me trying to clear the Oreos and doughnuts out of the picture. Little did I know, the timer was set on 2 seconds and not 10. Why my left leg looks broken, I'm not sure. I think I was doing the pivot move: Grab the junk food, pivot, dump it, and so and so forth. P.S. The oreos are for Donald.

Here is me with a pregnant looking shirt on. It's not a maternity shirt, but I have made it one, although the elastic armbands are starting to cut off my circulation.

Here is the full-frontal shot. My belly button isn't as deep as it used to be. We'll see if I can avoid the pregnant "outtie."Here is the side shot: Holy Basketball, Batman! (okay, maybe large grapefruit, and not basketball). P.S. all of these are me at 15 weeks (right now).


So there you have it. MB's stomach revealed. We continue to praise God for this ginormous miracle and continue to learn how to trust him with all of the unknowns. My dependence on him has the opportunity to deepen everyday despite my pull towards independence that has been tugging on me since I was in my mother's womb. "Jesus Christ is able to untangle all the snarls in my soul, to banish all my complexes, and to transform even my fixed habit patterns, no matter how deeply they are etched in my subconscious." Corrie ten Boom

2 comments:

McKee said...

Hey Hot Mama!! Look at that cute belly!

By the way...you may want a doc to look at that leg ;)

Anonymous said...

How cute! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Keep us updated on any baby news!
~Laura