Monday, November 12, 2007

Not a Good Title

I just made myself a broccoli casserole. I've been wanting some for about a week now, so I just went ahead and made it even though Donald isn't home tonight. I imagine I'll eat half of it considering I didn't make anything else to go with it. That sounds really strange. Who does that? Pregnant women, I guess. I'm sure I'll eat some cereal later.

So there are 43 days until Christmas. And I haven't bought a thing. Good thing Christmas isn't about buying "things" (riiiight). Although I also do reflect on the awesome goodness of Christ being born, I must admit, the traditions of Christmas do make me pretty happy. Christmasy smells like cinnamon, and pine, and cookies, and sausage balls (at least in my family), and Christmasy sounds like Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby, and bells, and snow falling (ok, not really).

Random: Today I was adjusting the shower head (while taking a shower) and the whole entire piece came off into my hands. Like, the pipe that connects to the pipe in the wall. Seriously. So water is shooting out of the wall, and I scream, turn the water off, and just stand there like a moron. How come when things like that happen, I do just the opposite of the right thing to do? Before managing to cut the water off, I turned the faucet the complete wrong way, making the water come out harder, like mini-Niagra Falls shooting out of the wall at me. Just like in high school, when I backed into another car- instead of hitting the brakes, I hit the gas, and hit the car again. Just like in college when I was in an accident, I needed to speed up to avoid getting hit, but instead, I hit the brakes. I hope that's not a sign of a low IQ. :)
Anyways, so now we have to get the shower fixed (how annoying). Stuff like that makes me just want to move (and hopefully the new owners wouldn't notice the big hole in the wall and lack of shower head).

Baby Spicken is still growing, Lord willing. I have borrowed some maternity clothes from a woman at church, which is a huge huge blessing. I am now 15 weeks...our next appointment is in 2 and a half weeks, and then the "finding out" day is a week or two after that.

The video below is absolutely hilarious. Thanks to Dewa for sending this link. The first time I watched it, I cry-laughed. I don't know why. [Definition of cry-laugh= verb; laughing so hard that tears roll down your face; laughing hard does not necessarily mean "loud" if you are the type of person who laughs and no noise comes out.] Enjoy! (and don't forget to vote for boy or girl! We can't have a tie. That would be awkward).

1 comment:

McKee said...

That is too funny!!!
Don't forget to post belly pics. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.