Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow! And lots of it.

The highly anticipated "Winter Storm" of 2011 arrived late Sunday and dumped around 8 inches of beautiful snow in our area. Nothing says, "snow is coming" like a line five-people deep at BiLo. There's never a line at BiLo.
Schools were canceled before the snow even started falling, and the entire city pretty much shut down for three days. Most doctor's offices are closed, which means D can't go to work, which means snow day for the entire family. I decided I love Spann family snow days because it's like the world is on pause and we can slow down and take a breath. So far this week we have accomplished two things: much needed time at home with family AND much needed cleaning!! One of which we did yesterday (fun!) and the other we are doing today (not so fun, but productive). Snow days also require eating waffles (homemade of course) as this is a tradition I grew up with. Mmmm.
I realize that snow days look different for each family (some people have to work anyway...boo), and I also realize that snow days can only happen like a couple days a year or else our economy would shut down, not to mention life at home would get lonely and boring. You can only do so much cleaning. And by the end of the day today, I was cheering, "Cabin Fever yes I do, Cabin Fever how 'bout you??!" But, the couple days we get...I'll take 'em!
Here are some pics of our time in the snow!

Look!! It snowed!!
100_3308.JPG

Our snow angel and I made a snow blob, I mean snowman. Charley had so much fun!
100_3324.JPG

Our sweet little boy was all bundled up!! And good thing because we took a walk to our friends' house up the street...in the snow...uphill (both ways). I used the jogger as a walker...otherwise I would have busted my tail.
100_3325.JPG

We borrowed Jeremy and Kelly's sleds (and yard)...both kids got a few turns, and Charley even went by herself! It was so fun to watch...she laughed and laughed. So precious. Thanks friends for sharing! Otherwise we would have been using cookie sheets!
100_3328.JPG

No comments: