Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eli's 11 Months!

 
In the midst of the Kirsten excitement, Eli turned 11-months-old! Our precious lil thing. He's still a really happy boy. He smiles all the time and is pretty easy going. He does have a temper though, and if you make him mad, he'll let you know! (like throwing things, screaming...those fun things). He's also been a bit clingy lately, and will grab around my neck if he thinks someone wants to come hold him. I have to pry him off of me sometimes. He still has the gag-reflex thing going on, which is discouraging, but clearly he's not starving. We are slowly giving him more and more "table food," although usually we end up with a big mess to clean up, if you know what I'm sayin'. He just can't handle certain textures and swallowing certain things still proves challenging. But - we will persevere, and hopefully he will be able to eat some cake on his first birthday!! (you think I'm kidding? He may be eating a bowl of applesauce with a candle sticking out of it!!).
Eli still LOVES Charley...thinks she hung the moon. They still play fairly well together, and of course it's usually Charley who gets her panties in a wad about sharing, but in due time, Eli will realize what's going on, and I will be training two children in this area. Yay.
Eli is still a tank. Today at the store, the two of them were in the side-by-side double stroller, and we received TWO "look at the cute twins!" comments (really??). I think it's because Eli's legs are sooo short and his torso is sooo long, that when they are sitting next to each other, they are pretty much the same height, which I guess makes their age difference unapparent. When standing, Charley is like six inches taller! 

Let's see....other things.... He's a fast crawler now, a proficient cruiser, and is getting better and better at walking behind push toys. He actually will use anything as a push toy (chairs, stools, our big kitchen trash can), and prefers those things over things will wheels (probably b/c they're slower and more interesting since he's so curious). He's a good sleeper at night and does okay with naps. His morning nap is now an hour later, which pushes his afternoon nap later, which means he and Charley aren't exactly down at the same time, which is hard. I usually have maybe an hour of overlap time, which I'm grateful for, but it sure will be nice when they take a long nap at the same time!
Can't believe my baby's first birthday is just around the corner! We are so thankful for his life! And in regards to our recent family "expansion," we are thrilled to death that Eli will now have TWO big sisters!

2 comments:

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

He is so cute I really can hardly stand it. I can't wait to play with you guys!

Dewa said...

Hilarious! I think Eli's personality is quite similar to Divya's. Hmmm...what does this mean for that 2035 wedding we're planning? :)