Focus on the Family and football star Tim Tebow have teamed up to create a Pro-Life Super Bowl ad that will air on February 7th during Super Bowl XLV (that's Super Bowl "45" in English). What is the ad about? Apparently it's the story of how Tim Tebow's mom was encouraged by doctors to terminate her pregnancy with him (Tim) because the chances of her dying during childbirth were high due to a dangerous infection she had. Well, we all know the happy ending of that story (well, if you don't know, Tebow is a 22-year-old Heisman-winning superstar who played for the two-time National Championship winning Florida Gators).
Well, of course several women's activist groups are protesting and even passing around a petition to get CBS to yank the ad before it can run on the biggest commercial night of the year. A spokesman, I mean, spokeswoman for one of the groups was quoted saying that Focus on the Family was pushing an un-American agenda. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize having babies was un-American. Also, although I haven't seen it, I can't imagine the ad is suggesting that if you choose not to have an abortion, you will give birth to a future Heisman winner. Although, you will in fact give birth to a child, whether he or she grows up to be a football legend or not is besides the point.
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the ad and hope that it causes many people to think. To read an article about this "controversial" ad, click here.
5 Pictures
7 years ago
1 comment:
AMEN! I may copy your post and put it on my blog. I could not have said it better!!!
Post a Comment