Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Baby Stats and Snack Cake Review

Charley now weighs 9 lbs 10 oz! She is 22.50 inches long, which is in the 91st percentile for length. Although it varies slightly every day, Charley has pretty much settled into a routine. She eats every three hours during the day. After she eats, she's awake for an hour or so, and then she naps for another hour or two. The nap thing is less consistent than the eating thing. She is like clock work when it comes to chow time (like her mama), but usually her sleep schedule just depends on the day. At night, she generally goes anywhere from 3-5 hours between meals, which translates into me getting up once or twice a night (not bad for 4 weeks, although I am still coveting a full night's rest).Now...what you've all been waiting for: My thoughts on snack cakes. Okay, so yesterday at Walgreens I got suckered into the three-pack of Oreo Cakesters that was staring at me from its box at the checkout line. The commercials make them look so good...how could I resist? Today at lunch (I had to make myself wait until after lunch instead of eating them at breakfast time), I enjoyed this trio of chocolate goodness. "But wait! ... they taste like something else," I think to myself. "Hmmm...what could it be?" After moments of contemplation, I think of it: "Fudge Rounds!!" Oreo Cakesters taste like Fudge Rounds. Close your eyes and you probably couldn't tell the difference. Well, unless you are me or my sisters. I'm pretty confident that Fudge Rounds taste better. They really do. And let's talk about price. The three-pack of Cakesters was on sale, I repeat, on sale for $1.00. For three measly little cake things (normal price is $1.19 and I have no idea how much the 12-pack box pictured above costs. Probably $3.50 or $4.00). A box of 8 Little Debbie Fudge Rounds costs like $1.19. And, like I said, they taste better. Go with the Fudge Rounds. For sure. However, one advantage of the Cakesters is that they are smaller than the Fudge Round, so you can eat more than one (Disclaimer: Before I get comments about my eating habits and whale blubber and clogged arteries and stuff like that, please know that I only have Fudge Rounds once a year when I'm on vacation with my family, and I only have other snack cake things when they seduce me in the store. Normally I stand strong, but yesterday I was having a weak moment).

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

MB you are cracking me up. I'd also like to comment that I like how you listed mine and Rick's blog links as The Rick and The Sabrina. Thanks for making us feel like we belong! lol

Kelly Reser said...

I think you should make this a regular post.... comparisons in the grocery aisle by MB! I love it!

Unknown said...

you are SO right! They DO taste like fudge rounds!

Julie said...

Ok! It's your first month of nursing. Eat whatever you want. All I ate for about 2 months after I had Mary Addison were Nekot cookies and water..really healthy!