A few things to note about Charley, as of 5-days-old:
- She hates having her diaper changed! She absolutely scream cries the moment you undo her diaper. I'm talkin' blood curdling scream, where her sweet little cry transforms into a very mad, quivering cry (it's cute for now, but I'm sure we won't think that in a month).
- Charley has had a few "awake times" both yesterday and today after her daytime feedings. She likes sitting up and looking around. She still doesn't recognize us, and often has a confused look on her face. I love her eyes, and I can't wait until she starts smiling and "seeing us."
- She falls asleep while eating. Sometimes it's not until the very end, but we pretty much have a 100% fall asleep rate.
- A rash has developed on her chin from eating all the time. Poor thing... I feel so bad! (Any tips from other moms on how to prevent/treat this?)
- Like a lot of babies, Charley is in love with her hands. They are her best friends and she always has them by her face (as she did in the 3D ultrasound). We have to keep her hands covered because otherwise she would scratch her face, which she has already done (as evidenced in pictures).
- Often when I look at Donald, I see Charley! Especially in the eye area. They're both so cute. :)
- We are so in love with her!!

8 comments:
I'm so happy for y'all! What fun the first few days at home! A little vaseline on her chin while she's feeding might help to keep the milk off of it. and it won't sting like some chapsticks. I love y'all and I'm praying for your beautiful family!!! Love, Kelly
She is beautifull! Like I said before Donald, I love her name, I think it is awesome. It is so cute when babies fall asleep while they eat. Not too much longer and both of you will fall asleep feeding her or worse yet, fall asleep while you eat! I am so happy for y'all. Travis Fortson
She's so cute!!
I remember well those first few days at home with a newborn. They are precious so savor every moment. Don't forget the camera...as you get busy that is the last thing you will think about . We love the documentary and for those of us who cannot be there in person...it is wonderful to watch this chapter of your lives. Kelly gave my advice on the chin rash....hmmmmm.... we must be related.
Charley is soooo beautiful. I see MB in the pretty little lips and Donald in the eyes !! She is adorable. love, Auntie MJ
So precious!! I can not wait to meet her! Congrats on your little blessing! Love, Christina Heaton.
She's so beautiful!! What a sweet little face!
I don't know about the rash on her chin but Maggie always did really well when I would cut her nails while she slept. She hated having her hands covered so I would cut her nails about once a week and she scratched herself a lot less.
I hope you are getting some good rest!
Love y'all,
Andrea
She is SO gorgeous!! She looks so tiny and precious! I can't wait to meet and hold her! For now, the pictures will have to suffice. More pictures please!!
We're so happy for you! We love you!
Happy Mother's Day Mary Beth. What a wonderful day for you with your new little "Charley". I hope you are finding some times to sneak a nap. I will be thinking of you all day on Sunday as you celebrate your first Mother's Day. Much love, Auntie MJ
Post a Comment