Friday, April 18, 2008

37 Weeks

I'm in the middle of my 37th week, which means 2.5 weeks to go! That may translate into 3.5 weeks or maybe even 4, or maybe only 1.5. The Lord only knows. I went to the doctor today, and I am 3 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. Sparing you the details, 10 centimeters and 100% effacement are the magic numbers, but most women go into labor and head to the hospital before that. Otherwise, they'd have the baby in the bathtub. In addition, the numbers don't really indicate a whole lot considering some women aren't dilated at all on the day they have their baby, and others sit at 7 cm for two weeks! For me, it just means one thing: progress! I just knew the doctor would say, "Hmmm...that's funny... It looks like you have 3 more months to go! Congratulations...you're having a horse!"


So I guess it's time to pack our hospital bag, although it really doesn't make much sense to me considering everything that they suggest you bring is something you use on a daily basis. I just ran through the list, and I was like, "umm, need that every day, need that, need that..." (for instance, clothes, toiletries, bathrobe, hair dryer...). I started packing a bag anyway, and I'll let you decide how prepared we are:


Yes, Chapstick and a massage thing that I probably won't even use. I need to wash a few baby clothes to stick in there, and our cameras are packed in a separate bag... Everything else is just going to have to wait until my water breaks. I can't go two weeks without my comfy slippers and favorite maternity clothes!
The nursery is almost ready!! I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Dewa said...

MB-you are hilarious. I can't believe that's all you have packed, true MB fashion :)

You look so great! Keep 'em comming, next time I see you, you'll be deflating :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! I am sure everyone is giving you advice but here is some more. you don't really need to pack that much for you. I only used one outfit to come home and one pair of pajamas. I'm so excited! Tell D I'm glad he's home! The pics are awesome!! Love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Love the room! So cute!!! Miss you and can't wait to see Charlotte!