Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rose Family Hits Music City

We traveled with Donald's family to Nashville last weekend. It was the annual Rose Family Presidents Weekend trip, and this year we visited cousins Thomas (Jay) and Dita who graciously welcomed the invasion from South Carolina. D and I counted 22 of us, which makes exactly half of the Rose family (granddaddy down). A few of the things we did... toured Fisk University, visited a Farmer's Market, and paraded through Opry Mills (mall) as well as Opryland (ginormous hotel). I also must mention that the 15-passenger van got stuck in the mud for about five hours (AAA was no help), and all of the wonderful men in the family made the women a steak and potato dinner Saturday night in honor of Valentines Day. We had a great time... it was weird to think that during next year's trip, we will have a nine-month old and Jay and Dita will have a six-month old!! Wow!!

1 comment:

The Stuckey's said...

Mary Beth,

I can't believe this time next year you and Donald and Thomas and Dita will have little ones. Donald told me about you and his website and your blog. It is really neat to see all the family that I havent seen in forever I think your wedding. I hope all is well. I cant wait to meet you sweet little girl. Talk to you all soon.

Ashley