Friday, June 1, 2007

I'm Tenseventeen

So I'm 27 now. I don't feel too different, although I think I can actually feel my metabolism slowing as I type. No more eating cake whenever I want to, I guess. I think 2007 is one of those years that I would look at as a child and think, "WHOA. In 2007 I will be 27." Yes, child, you were right, and now it's here, and for some reason, the Lord has let you live. WHOA. In 2048, I will be 68. My dad will be 107. My husband will be 75. Or I could be in heaven, not worrying about how old anyone is or typing a Blog or sitting at work on my day off waiting on a proof from the printer. Not that my idea of heaven is that I won't have to work on my day off... no no. Just saying that in heaven, all of this earth stuff will be the last thing on my mind.
Anyways...Below are some pictures of Stabler and Sadie celebrating my birthday with me...

Hi, I am Stabler, and I'm a good sport.

Hi, I am Sadie, and I'm going to rip this d&%@ thing off my head as soon as you're not looking.

What else happened in May? Hmm. Well, we went to the BMW golf tourney and saw Wayne Gretzky, who winked at me and then turned and hit a hole in one. No, not really. But we did go to the tournament, at which I froze my bippy off b/c it was stinkin' cold. That same day we went to the Armed Svcs Parade downtown, which was really neat to see. That same day we went to see Spidey3, which was entertaining.... All 15.5 hours of it. That was a fun day. We went home to my parents a few weekends ago (pre-move) to divvy up the items that were not going to make the move to Charleston. One of the coolest items I got was my great great grandfather's Bible from when he was a medic for the Union Army in the Civil War. You can still read the notes he wrote in it, although they are fading. How cool is that?! Also, I now have in my possession my kindergarten cookbook. You know, where you and your classmates would tell the teachers how to cook your favorite recipes, and they would then somehow transcribe them into book form and then hand it out of the class so that your parents could think it was cute and then you could laugh at it, in this case, 22 years later. I chose to inform the world how to make pizza and hamburgers (still my favs, no doubt). I was pretty close on the ingredients, but then for both I said, "put in the oven at 2 degrees for 14 hours and then eat it." I bet that would work.

Rob and Molly were in town from Chicago a few weekends ago. They came over with James and Darla and the kids, and we enjoyed a Sunday afternoon cookout. Avery and Marin & Emma and Noah, are so precious. Here's a picture of the babies:


Marin Moore (left) and Noah King



We went to Charleston Memorial Day weekend, which was "clean out D's grandparent's attic" and "move in the parents" weekend. We were able to spend a lot of time with our oldest nephew, Justin, while in the attic, which happened to be 3 billion degrees. We cooked out at Robin's Sunday with both our family and D's mom and aunts. It was a lot of fun.

Justin in the almost-emptied attic.


Robin holding Gina's baby, Davis.


Currently watching... something between "nothing" and "whatever's on" since after all, it is re-run season. Currently listening to... Brooks and Dunn (Greatest Hits Collection), Jack Johnson, and checking out Maroon 5's new album (It Won't Be Soon...). Their stuff sure has evolved since their last album from FIVE years ago. Maybe "evolved" is the wrong word, because I do believe it means changed for the better and not sure this is true of their new album.

Current flowers in the window box:
A pink Dahlia. So pretty!


So it's June now. Holy Cow. Anyways, I want to end this monthly update with the words to You Alone Can Satisfy. Yeah, I know this song is "way old" now, but we have switched from Media Shout to ProPresenter for worship, and I am having to re-type all of the songs into the new program b/c their import system leaves room for improvement. I don't mind it so much because I get re-reminded of lyrics that otherwise might get lost in my head through the music (if that makes sense). I was typing this the other day, and was like, "man, how true."

You Alone Can Satisfy

I have bowed at the altar of the world and its lies/
Now I long to return to
You/You alone can satisfy/
I have wasted affections/On the things You despise/Now I
long to return to You/You alone can satisfy/My bread of life/
You're my provider/You fill my soul with living water/
Beneath Your wing/There is a shelter where I hide/You alone can satisfy/
There's no fortune or pleasure/That this world can provide/They
have failed and they always will
/You alone can satisfy/You're the
Treasure that I've found/You're the meaning of life/You're
my deepest desires fulfilled/You alone can satisfy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the visit! hope to see you guys again soon!